Eugene A. Schoon
Gene Schoon has deep experience with insurance and insurance coverage disputes. In his more than 35 years of practice, Gene has counseled dozens of corporate and individual clients on liability insurance issues and claims. In addition to advising on claims, Gene has worked with client risk management managers to structure insurance programs that minimize risk and eliminate gaps.
He also focuses on product liability defense, with particular emphasis on mass torts, MDL and cross-border litigation, and class actions. He has been national coordinating and trial counsel in cases nationwide on several occasions. Gene has tried jury cases in Illinois, Texas, Massachusetts, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and South Carolina. He has an active appellate practice, having argued appeals in several federal and state appellate courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Gene was a partner at Sidley Austin LLP for 29 years. He clerked for Judge Ruggero J. Aldisert of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Gene is a member of the board of directors of the Shriver Center on Poverty Law.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois, including Trial Bar
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Michigan
- Other Federal Courts of Appeal and District Court
- Valparaiso University School of Law, JD
- Indiana State University, MA
- Calvin University, BA
- The Legal 500 US
- Best Lawyers
- “Local Litigation Star” Benchmark Litigation, 2015-2018
- Non-IP Litigation, LMG Life Sciences, 2017
- Martindale AV (Preeminent) for 25 years
Phone 312 586 1015